compare


multiple possible
to


Gene Force

personalia

American
15 June 1916
21 August 1983 (67)
Keith Andrews (15 June 1920)
Riccardo Paletti (15 June 1958)

statistics

0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
28th (1960 Indianapolis 500)
20th (1960 Indianapolis 500)
2
2
2
0 (0 points per race avg)
1 (50%)
1951 Indianapolis 500
1960 Indianapolis 500

about Gene Force

Gene Force (June 15, 1916 – August 21, 1983) was an American racecar driver.

Born in New Madison, Ohio, Force died in Brooklyn, Michigan as a result a heart attack at Michigan International Speedway. He drove in the AAA and USAC Championship Car series, racing in the 1951-1952, 1954, 1956, and 1958-1960 seasons with 33 starts, including the 1951 and 1960 Indianapolis 500 races. He finished in the top ten 16 times, with his best career finish in 3rd place occurring on 3 occasions.

The "McKay Special" #37 car that Force drove in the 1960 Indianapolis 500 was a 1959 Kurtis Kraft 500J, owned and entered by Roy McKay of Dayton, Ohio. Charlie Altfater was the mechanic. The car has survived in largely original condition and is now restored to appear as it did in the 1960 race, and can occasionally be seen participating in vintage races, as it did at the 2008 Monterey historics.


source: Wikipedia

seasons

1951, 1960,

finishing positions

grid positions

wins

# event constructor

pole positions

# event constructor

teams & teammates

season teammate
1951 Troy Ruttman
Johnnie Parsons
Sam Hanks
Fred Agabashian
Cliff Griffith
Jack McGrath
Mike Nazaruk
Manny Ayulo
Duke Nalon
Carl Scarborough
Bill Schindler
Chet Miller
Lee Wallard
Carl Forberg
Cecil Green
Walt Brown
Kurtis Kraft compare 1951
1960 Bob Christie
Gene Hartley
Shorty Templeman
Don Freeland
Anthony Foyt
Eddie Russo
Dempsey Wilson
Kurtis Kraft compare 1960

news

As expected, Ferrari struggled during last weekend’s French Grand Prix and was no match for chief rival Mercedes, which maintained its 100% winning start to the season.<br>Ferrari brought several upgrades to Paul Ricard and persevered with an updated front wing, rear wing and brake ducts through qualifying and the race, but removed its new floor after Friday practice. The team had not expected ...

read on

F1 teams and the FIA have agreed for a $175 million spending cap – with certain exclusions like travel and driver salaries – to come into force for 2021.<br><br>Read Also:<br><br>Formula 1 set for $175m cost cap in 2021<br><br><br>The level is higher than a number of smaller teams had hoped for, and Renault in particular says it is actually having to evaluate whether or not it will need to ...

read on

The French team trialled a low angle-of-attack rear wing in Friday's running, aiming to develop as little drag as possible for the 2.2km straight on the Baku street circuit.<br><br>Read Also:<br><br>Ricciardo says running out of tyres made FP2 "strange"<br>Azerbaijan GP: Latest F1 tech updates, straight from pitlane <br><br><br>It also featured new low-drag endplates, minus the serrations of the ...

read on

With drivers limited to just two MGU-K components for the season, moving on to the second element so early in the campaign is far from ideal.<br>On the back of some MGU-K problems encountered in testing, Sainz admitted ahead of the Bahrain Grand Prix that the energy recovery system was the ‘weak point’ of his car.<br>“Hopefully they [Renault] are looking at it, and they have been looking at ...

read on

Raikkonen ran ninth in the first stint, escaping a first corner brush of wheels with Lando Norris to slot in behind the two Haas and Nico Hulkenberg's Renault in the 'class B' battle.<br>The Alfa was the first car to make an ordinary pitstop in the race, on the 12th of the 58 laps, but Raikkonen said it was a compromised strategy.<br>"I think we had a small brake cooling [problem]," he explained ...

read on

The Grove-based outfit had already been forced to scrap plans for a weekend shakedown, and now it has confirmed it will not be joining other teams for the start of official running on Monday.<br>Claire Williams, deputy team principal, said: “Unfortunately, we have had to delay the start of our pre-season Barcelona test to Tuesday morning. <br>“We have had an incredibly busy winter at Grove ...

read on

Horner oversaw Vettel's four championship-winning seasons at Red Bull, but also his final campaign at the team, in which he was roundly outperformed by newcomer Daniel Ricciardo.<br>While he is yet to win a title for Ferrari, Vettel has had the better of teammate Kimi Raikkonen in his three years at the Scuderia so far, and Horner believes the Finn's replacement Leclerc is likely to make the ...

read on

As F1 evaluates ways to create a better spectacle following criticism that cars are too downforce-dependent and overtaking is too difficult, Toro Rosso team boss Franz Tost suggested downforce levels should be cut by “at least 40-50%”. <br>He argued that only the drivers benefit from the current generation of cars that have immensely high cornering speeds. <br>Countering Tost’s suggestion at ...

read on

F1 cars will have simplified front wings and bargeboards, and other small changes, this year in a bid to reduce their sensitivity in dirty air and make the quality of racing better.<br>The changes are a precursor to a much bigger car design revamp that is planned for 2021 as part of a wider overhaul of F1.<br>Tost told Motorsport.com that F1, which introduced an upgraded set of higher-downforce ...

read on

The writing was already on the wall on September 15, 2017. It was on that day when Toro Rosso confirmed its switch from Renault to Honda engines for the 2018 season, in what was the first step that paved the way for Red Bull to follow suit a year later.<br>The animosity between the energy drinks giant and the French engine manufacturer had been public for a while after Renault had failed to ...

read on

Szafnauer was chief operating officer at Force India, which collapsed earlier this year and was reincarnated as a new company and F1 entry known as Racing Point Force India.<br>The 'new' team, owned by a consortium led by Lawrence Stroll, named Szafnauer as team principal and CEO.<br>However, he had opportunities to leave during the uncertain period in which the team's future was unknown.<br>"I ...

read on

Financial problems at the squad came to a head in the middle of the year, and it had to go into administration and be reconstituted under the ownership of a consortium led by Lawrence Stroll. That allowed the team to continue racing and to go into the future with more stability and resources, but it had to sacrifice all the points it had scored up to the summer break as part of the convoluted ...

read on

Following the takeover of the outfit by a consortium led by Lawrence Stroll, it had retained its Force India moniker for its team and chassis. However in the official 2019 F1 entry list that was published by the FIA on Friday night, it was confirmed the Silverstone-based squad would be fully rebranded. Entry list: F1 2019 driver and team line-ups It will bring an end to ...

read on

Stroll graduated to F1 with Williams in 2017 as the reigning European Formula 3 champion and continued with the team this year. His father Lawrence led the consortium that bought Force India's assets after it fell into administration, leading to the team's reincarnation as the Racing Point entry. Stroll's move from Williams became a formality after that but Force India wanted to wait until ...

read on

Sergio Perez finished eighth in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, while an oil leak – believed to be from a pipe unrelated to Mercedes – led to an eventual retirement for Esteban Ocon. The Silverstone-based team had to forfeit all its constructors' championship points after it changed ownership, starting again from zero at the Belgian Grand Prix. Despite that, Force India finished 10 points shy ...

read on

Haas alleged that the new Force India entry, accepted by the FIA at the Belgian Grand Prix after the original entity fell into administration, is not a constructor because it used a design from a different company and team. The stewards dismissed the protest, asserting that Force India's entry is legal and that the current Racing Point team was allowed to race a car designed by the previous ...

read on

On the eve of the Formula 1 season finale, Haas lodged a protest against Force India, claiming that the team had broken the rules by not designing its own car. An investigation by the stewards concluded, however, that the FIA believes the new Force India outfit was within the regulations because it had used the design of the old outfit that had gone into administration. While Haas ponders ...

read on

The stewards dismissed the protest and asserted that Force India's entry is legal and that the current Racing Point team can race a car designed by the previous Sahara incarnation, whose entry was withdrawn before the Belgian GP. An intent to appeal gives Haas 96 hours to make a final decision on whether it will go ahead with a full appeal. Team principal Gunther Steiner stressed that buying ...

read on

In its protest, the US-owned outfit claimed that current entrant Racing Point Force India is using a car designed and manufactured by its predecessor, Sahara Force India. It made specific reference to listed parts – those that the FIA specifies cannot be shared between teams, which are in essence the chassis itself and the bodywork. In their decision, the stewards dismissed the protest and ...

read on

Haas alleged that the new Force India entry, accepted by the FIA at the Belgian Grand Prix after the original entity fell into administration, is not a constructor because it used a design from a different company and team.  Haas asserted that Racing Point Force India was therefore ineligible to enter those cars in the championship.  After a long, disrupted hearing that ran across two days ...

read on

Since Sahara Force India morphed into Racing Point Force India at the Belgian GP Haas made it clear that it objects to the new team gaining the prize money that was earned by the original team. Other teams agreed to the move, but Haas maintains that it only did so on the basis that the same entity successfully emerged from administration. Haas has been in discussion with F1 boss Chase Carey ...

read on

Haas protested Force India ahead of this weekend’s season finale because, it is understood, it contests it is wrong for its competitor to be running a car not of its own making. The VJM11 used by Force India is the design created and built by the original Force India entity that fell into administration over the summer and was reborn, and re-entered into the championship, as Racing Point ...

read on

Haas and Force India representatives appeared before the stewards on Friday morning in Abu Dhabi after Haas lodged a protest over its rival. It is understood to pertain to the Racing Point Force India entry running a design built by the original Force India entity that fell into administration over the summer. The hearing began at 11am local time on Friday but has been adjourned until ...

read on

Haas and Force India have both been summoned to report to the stewards on Friday morning in Abu Dhabi ahead of first practice. No detail has been given apart from the declaration that it is due to a protest by Haas against both Force Indias. However, it is understood that the issue pertains to the new Force India entry running a design, the VJM11, built by the original team. F1 ...

read on

Link to or share this page

share or save

Gene Force

Social media


Copy link

just click on the link and then copy it so you can use it on another website.